New England Gold Prospecting Adventures
Ready to find some gold?
Learn how to prospect for GOLD in the rivers and streams of New England…and find your own GOLD!
- Learn all about gold, where it comes from, and where to find it
- Learn panning and sluicing techniques
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold you find!
Here is a typical class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Hands on wet panning instruction
- Setting up and running a sluice
- 4 Hours of hands-on instruction
- And of course, finding some gold!
4 HOUR GOLD PROSPECTING CLASS:
An introduction to gold prospecting covering all the basics
COST: Adults: $60, Children 6-12 $25
Group rates available
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
4 HOUR GOLD DREDGING CLASS:
An 4 hour instructional class setting up and running a 2″ gold dredge (for more experienced prospectors)
COST: Adults Only (16+): $95
Makes a great event for:
• Birthday Gifts • Team Building • Youth Groups • Scouting Trips • School Groups
NEW! GOLD ‘n GEMS FULL DAY ADVENTURE
We are planning our first Gold n’ Gems Adventure in Maine on September 16, 2017. Here is the schedule:
9:00am: Meet in Byron for 2 hours of gold prospecting
11:00am: Head to Greenwood quarry
Noon: Lunch break
12:30: Gem Hunting for 2 hours
Adults $75, Children (6-12) $40
You must register by September 13th to attend.