Hands-On Gold Prospecting Class
Ready to find some gold?
Learn how to prospect for GOLD in the rivers and streams of New England and the deserts and mountains of Arizona…and find your own GOLD!
- Learn all about gold, where it comes from, and where to find it
- Learn panning, sluicing and drywashing techniques*
- All equipment included for use that day
- Keep all the gold you find!
Locations are in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Arizona. Here is a typical class in a nutshell:
- We discuss the sources of gold, specifically the area we are in, and how it moves
- How to choose a good spot to prospect, reading a river, and good digging techniques
- Panning techniques, the most critical step in effective prospecting
- Drywashing (Arizona only, in season)
- Hands on wet & dry panning instruction (dry in AZ only)
- Setting up and running a sluice and gold trap
- 4 Hours of hands-on instruction
- And of course, finding some gold!
Makes a great event for:
• Birthday Gifts • Team Building • Youth Groups • Scouting Trips • School Groups
Group rates available
*Depending on location and season, the techniques for prospecting will vary. For example: In Arizona dry washing is doable in the dry season and sluicing is dependent on water so typically not practical in the hot months.