Yes Virginia, there is GOLD in New Hampshire!
For those of you who are new to the idea of prospecting for GOLD in New England, I have good news for you.
There are many locations that gold can be found with a moderate effort. It’s not easy, and unless you know what you are doing, don’t expect to find anything the first time out.
Here are some general tips to remember when prospecting for the first time:
- Go where you know gold is found
- Bring a good shovel, pan, classifier, 5 gal bucket, gold tweezers, a vial, and food/water
- Go with someone that knows what they are dong (if possible)
- Allow for at least a few hours of digging ans panning
- LEARN HOW TO PAN BEFORE YOU GO!
Two of the best places to prospect in New England (in my opinion) are The Wild Ammonoosuc River in Bath NH, and Byron Maine. At either of these places you can not only buy prospecting supplies, but fins prospectors there on any given weekend in the summer.
MORE TO COME…